Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Different Take on a Foot Massage



Earlier today I had a photo shoot with John Ho and Yvonne Le. You've probably not heard of them, but I bet you've heard of what they offer - Dr. Fish Massage. Through their day spa (visit here) they offer the opportunity for you to soak your feet in a few gallons of water as little fish (imported from Turkey) nibble on your toes. They are not, as some think,
piranhas but little inch long silver fish that gently nibble on your feet. Now the big question is whether they get full. After a long day of "working" (at least 20-30 people per day try the 15-30 minute massage) I would assume that they get tired and somewhat bloated. Heck, after a big meal all I want to do is sleep. I can't imagine how they feel. But all kidding aside, this is very popular. People from as far away as Sweden have come to try this. They've been featured on NPR, CNN and numerous morning shows and it doesn't look like the ride is going to stop soon. They are even thinking about adding a full-body Dr Fish Massage and I would imagine that they will be lining out the door to try it.

I haven't had the pleasure yet to try this - they said I can come back anytime. I plan to take them up on it.

No comments: